All our Volunteers are Ambassadors for Pride. Across the festival weekend you are the face of the festival, our eyes and ears on the ground helping festival goers, stallholders, guests and other volunteers and helping deliver a successful event.
The Duties & Tasks
Throughout the coming year we will get to know you at the induction, your involvement in Pride Life activities and your attendance at training sessions and this alongside your skills and experience helps us when we allocate volunteer shifts for the weekend, the list below shows some of the tasks that we need volunteers for but there might be others too. If you think you have the skills or experience for a specific task then let us know and we will happily consider you for it.
- Event Stewarding, All Pride Ambassadors will act as event stewards for the event helping our visitors and guests by providing information on the event or the location of the toilets, the stage, the bar etc
- Box Office A busy environment focusing on customer service and cash handling, you will be responsible for selling wristbands over the Pride Weekend
- Accreditation – Helping exchanging wristbands from people who have already bought tickets alongside issuing passes to invited guests, site crew and staff.
- Expo Assistants – Helping our community expo stall holders setup and directing them to their stall
- Site Build and De-rig Crew – Helping with getting the Pride Festival site built up this can including helping with putting up fencing to attaching banners or signage around the site.
- Artist Liaison and Stage Support – Supporting the Stage manager in ensuring the main stage runs smoothly all weekend, you will be responsible for looking after our acts, setting up dressing rooms and handling artist accreditation.
- Fundraisers – Shake those charity buckets and help us raise money for the Pride Fund throughout the Pride Weekend.
- Merchandise Crew – This year we will be having official Pride Merchandise to sell during the weekend.
There will be other roles too as the festival develops this year and we’re keen to hear from all volunteers about any additional ways they feel they can help us either in the run up to or during the festival